Routine Information Collection
All web servers track basic information about their visitors. This information includes, but is not limited to, IP addresses, browser details, timestamps and referring pages. None of this information can personally identify specific visitors to this site. The information is tracked for routine administration and maintenance purposes, and lets me know what pages and information are useful and helpful to visitors.
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- We may use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To promote use of our Services. For example, if you leave your Personal Information when you visit our Website and don’t sign up for any of the Services, we may send you an email asking whether you want to sign up. And if you use any of our Services, and we think you might benefit from using another Service we offer, we may send you an email telling you about it.
- To bill and collect money owed to us. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments. To learn more about the steps we take to safeguard that data, see Section 7 below.
- To provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our Members and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements like complying with court orders and valid subpoenas.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, like attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar proceeding.
- To support and improve the Services we offer. This includes adding features that compare Members' Email Campaigns, or using data to suggest other publishers your subscribers may be interested in.
- To communicate with you about your account for informational, not promotional, reasons.
- To send you informational and promotional content that you may choose (or "opt in") to receive. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Controlling Your Privacy
Note that you can change your browser settings to disable cookies if you have privacy concerns. Disabling cookies for all sites is not recommended as it may interfere with your use of some sites. The best option is to disable or enable cookies on a per-site basis. Consult your browser documentation for instructions on how to block cookies and other tracking mechanisms.
Cite This For Me accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in your Distribution Lists is so sensitive, account passwords are encrypted, which means we can’t see your passwords. We can’t resend forgotten passwords either. We’ll only reset them.
Notice of Breach of Security
Nobody’s safe from hackers. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you or people on your Distribution Lists, then Cite This For Me will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Special Note About Google Advertising
Any advertisements served by Google, Inc., and affiliated companies may be controlled using cookies. These cookies allow Google to display ads based on your visits to this site and other sites that use Google advertising services. Learn how to opt out of Google's cookie usage. As mentioned above, any tracking done by Google through cookies and other mechanisms is subject to Google's own privacy policies.
When you are on this web site, you may see advertisements and those advertisements may be targeted to your interests. We work with third party network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers, and other vendors to serve ads on this site and to serve our ads across the internet.. These third parties also provide us with information regarding how visitors use our website and the effectiveness of our advertisements. These third parties may collect information about you when you view or interact with one of their advertisements and may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites.
These third parties may set and access tracking technologies on your device, including cookies, and may otherwise collect or have access to information about you. Cookies and other tracking technologies, including those set by third-party network advertisers, may be used for many purposes, such as to target advertisements, prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times, and conduct research regarding the usefulness of certain advertisements to you. We may share information regarding our users and the use of our website with third-party advertising companies, analytics providers and other vendors for similar purposes. We do not share your name or contact information, but we may share certain information that has been de-identified so that it is no longer personally identifiable (such as through a hash function).
While we may use a variety of service providers to perform advertising services, some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. You may want to visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members. You may also want to visit or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and offers an “opt-out” by participating companies in the DAA Self-Regulatory Program. Please note that these companies may still collect information when you are online and opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to be served generic ads while online.
Cite This For Me TM serves advertising, and our ad partners may use non-personally identifiable information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visit in order to provide advertisements on our sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about the practices of some of these third party advertising companies and learn which of these companies allow you to opt-out of this type of information collection, please click here [http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/]. To opt out of interest based ads served by Google, you can visit the Google advertising opt-out page [http://google.com/settings/ads]
When advertisers request, Cite This For Me TM will provide aggregate information on the general makeup of the site's viewers. Such aggregate information includes the number of pageviews in a session, time spent on page, continental locations (if applicable), most hit URLs, and browser types.